Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What is the easiest way to strip 'iPhoto Original' and 'Faces' tags from photos?

Question

When I switched to Macs a few years ago, I started using iPhoto to manage all of my digital pictures. I then moved on to Aperture, and now I've just gotten annoyed with the single-file-library thing and I need to move on. Probably to Lightroom. I started uploading all of my images to Flickr as well and they all have the tag 'iPhoto Original' and the Faces feature from iPhoto tags.

What's the easiest way to strip out these tags without removing all the other EXIF information from a folder with 22 gigs of pictures in it?

Answer

I had the same problem. In Aperture, choose the Window -> Show Keywords HUD menu item. Click on the "iPhoto Original" keyword, and press the delete icon. You can do this with all other objectionable keywords.

Incidentally, Aperture allows you to have multiple libraries. Look under the File menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment