Wednesday, July 20, 2011

As a Canon DSLR user hoping to move to full frame do I have any wide angle lens options other than the Sigma EF 12-24?

Question

I'm a 550D user looking for a wide angle lens but eventually hoping to move to a full frame camera, in doing this I'm trying to avoid buying EF-S mount lenses due to the prohibitive cost of replacing them. This rules out Canon's EF-S 10-22mm as well as several Tamron, Sigma and Tokina lenses.

Do I have any other options?

Answer

When is this "eventually" going to happen? If not in the near future (it never is...), than I think you should positively consider the EF-S10-22mm. It is an amazing lens and when time to upgrade comes, you can resell it with a relatively limited loss. Think about bundling it with the Rebel upon sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment