Friday, July 22, 2011

Is there a Clippy for Photography?

Question

I have a Nikon D90 with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm f/4-5.6G lens.

What I am looking for is a website that can help me learn about how to best use my camera, something like "Hello, I see you are trying to take a portrait of someone with Mountains in the background. You should use this lens, an f-stop around this number, a fast/slow shutter speed, a low/high iso"

It would also be helpful to see pictures with one setting changed, like here is the same picture with a different f-stop, here is the best f-stop, here is the best f-stop with a different iso.

Answer

Scott Kelby has many recipes in his Digital Photography books showing a photo and recipe, how to shoot such photo. I like the books as the tutorials are written in common language and really practical.

@rfusca: haha, you posted almost the same answer before I finished mine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment