Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Why doesn't editing photos from Lightroom in Photoshop post-Lighroom adjustments work right?

Question

Mac, Lightroom 4.0, Photoshop CS5.1

So I import a photo from my camera using Lighroom (CR2 from EOS 5D Mk II)

Yes it's a terrible photo, but it demonstrates the problem

Do some Lightroom adjustments to edit the image (Done here to display the obvious difference)

dropped exposure now it looks like this

So I right click the photo, edit in->photoshop

I don't know why I felt you needed a screenshot of this

and it opens the file in Photoshop, but prior to the adjustments I made in Lightroom.

and this is what it looks like in Photoshop

I've only recently upgraded to LR4 but this is happening to all my photos and it's very annoying. I'm sure in LR3 it gave me the option to "Edit with Lighroom adjustments" or something similar, but now it seems it doesn't. I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything where I could change the setting. Has anyone else experienced this little bit of "functionality" in LR4?

Asked by sam

Answer

I've experienced the same issue with Lightroom 4.0 and CS5; I just downloaded the Release Candidate for ACR 6.7, which you can get here, and that seems to have resolved my issues. Hopefully that helps!

Answered by David

No comments:

Post a Comment