Sunday, April 22, 2012

Should I be concerned about the movement of control dials on a battery grip when the camera is moved in or out of a camera bag?

Question

I have a Pentax K-5 with battery grip D-BG4 attached. Whenever I move the camera in or out of my camera bag (a Tamrac Pro 12), the front e-dial is audibly moved. Should I be concerned about this possibly causing excessive wear and tear to the e-dial assembly on the grip? (I can't adjust the camera bag much farther.)

Asked by DragonLord

Answer

If your bag moves the dial more often then you do, then give the camera to someone who uses it more :)

Seriously, while there will be measurably more use, it should be comparatively marginal. Perhaps it will die a day sooner than otherwise but I wouldn't be concerned about this.

Answered by Itai

No comments:

Post a Comment