Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nikon D5100 M Mode (Manual) settings reset for every shot whilst the camera pointing to the same object

Question

I've just noticed that whilst shooting with my D5100 using M mode settings reset after each shot. Say, the camera is on a tripod pointing to an object. I've balanced out the exposure to a 0, aperture set to F/8 (this doesn't change btw) and the shutter speed is set to 1/15. I take the picture (camera hasn't moved) and the exposure level and the shutter speed have changed to some random settings (+2 EV exposure and 1/250 shutter speed - it's different every time though). I've searched everywhere, but couldn't find an option that would allow me to save/lock my current settings providing the the image in the view finder doesn't change.

Ideas?

Ta.

Answer

I have a D5100 and I have not seen this happen. As Zak mentioned you may want to try a factory reset. Also are you using the latest firmware for the D5100? The only time I have ever seen anything reset is after the camera turns off, and even then the only thing I have seen reset going from Quick Response Mode for the remote to Single Shot mode. The settings themselves stay the same.

Answered by Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment