Sunday, April 29, 2012

DIY Lighting for Macro Photography

Question

I am using a simple reversal ring to mess around with macro photography at my home. My question is this what is the best way to light shots for macro photography?

A Few Notes:

  • I am photographing stationary objects.
  • I am looking for cheap Do It Yourself Methods
  • I am not looking to buy a macro flash.
  • I have only the built in flash, no external flashes.
Asked by Lynda

Answer

Although it's not a DIY, the NEEWER® Macro Ring LED is considered to be cheap (around $30). I tried myself with my extension tube, not bad at all. It provides constant light which is essential if you are too close to the subject. You can mount the power supply for it in your camera's hot shoe, you can use either 4 AA batteries or plug it directly.

If you want to Do It Yourself for the sake of fun, check this but it will cost you around $20

Answered by Akram Mellice

No comments:

Post a Comment