Friday, December 23, 2011

Nikon D5000 vs Nikon D90 vs Canon 500D?

Question

I quite like the D90 but what concerns me is that it was launched almost 2 years back and is quite a bit heavier than other two. Although what I like most about it is the continuous shooting (4.5 vs 3.4/4). D5000 could be eliminated as its entry level, although good, but 500D wins over it hands down. So basically split between D90 and 500D.

Can someone provide a quick suggestion on which one should i go for, I am an amateur photographer with almost 2 years of exp. with compact camera. I looked at the comparison charts but could not figure out which one to pick.

Answer

Go into a store and hold them both. The ergonomics are a little different, and technically they aren't all that different.

Also, do you have any friends/relatives that have a Nikon or Canon? if so, you might want to keep in mind that if you had the same brand you could borrow lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment