Saturday, December 31, 2011

Can any radio flash triggers be used without a sync cable?

Question

I am looking for an inexpensive wireless flash trigger system to use with my Pentax k-x and an old flash I wouldn't trust on the camera hot shoe (Vivitar 550FD) because of its high trigger voltage. I see that the CowboyStudio NPT-04 wireless trigger can connect to a camera via a sync cable, perhapts in place of or in addition to using the hot shoe contacts. My camera does not support the use of a sync cable.

Can radio flash triggers be connected using a camera's hot shoe contacts without requiring the use of a sync cable?

Answer

The CowboyStudio NPT-04 trigger connects to the camera via hotshoe or sync cable, you do not need both, just one of them. I have it and have always used it hotshoe mounted.

No comments:

Post a Comment