Saturday, December 24, 2011

Choosing Nikkor Lens For Panoramic Photography?

Question

I want to buy a wide or fisheye lens for taking panoramic (360°) photos. My camera is the Nikon D7000 . I am a little bit confused about FX and DX lenses; could you guide me to select the correct lens?

Answer

I agree that a wide angle lens gives too much distortion to allow auto-stitching software to function correctly.

The 50mm Nikkor 1.8 might be a good choice, but bear in mind that 50mm on a Nikon cropped sensor is 75mm. This might make it a bit too zoomed in for your liking. It really depends on your subject matter. If it fits, the 50mm is a great lens. It's extremely sharp for the money. And can be used for great portrait shots too.

If the 50mm's no good, Nikon do a 35mm 1.8 that might fit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment