Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How can I tag or mark scanned photos to show they are mine?

Question

I have scanned some photos of mine from prints, and I would like to mark them with some indication that I took them. Is there a recognised way of tagging photos that might survive some basic post processing?

I don't need it to be secure, just for the data to be kept if the photos are copied, maybe cropped or touched up a little.

Answer

If you can import the scanned photo into any kind of photo-workflow software, such as Lightroom, then you can add information into the "Author" and "Copyright" fields of the EXIF data. Then, when you export the file, this will be baked in to the JPG.

Alternatively you could add a watermark to the photo, though personally I hate these as they detract from the photo itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment