Sunday, August 14, 2011

How to shift EXIF date/time created by time in days, hours, minutes?

Question

I have two camera bodies, I was shooting while on vacation, when I downloaded the photos to lightroom, one body was set to the correct date/time, the other was off by 722 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes.

Is there a tool available that can help me fix the date/time so that they appear in sequence while browsing my lightroom library? I'd like for them to be as close to the right time.

I was able to adjust created year, month, date, but it doesn't appear lightroom will allow me to adjust increments (only hour increments).

Many thanks if you can help me in this task!

Answer

I just found the answer.

Lightroom will change the date/time easily by selecting the image you know the proper time for, then select all others to be changed - similar to how develop sync settings works.

After the selection is made, click

Metadata -> Edit Capture Time

Select Change to a specified date and time

Enter the proper date and time for that one image, Lightroom will adjust all other selected images based on the proper time you define you enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment