Monday, August 15, 2011

How do the ePhoto and Cowboy Studio beauty dishes compare for a newbie learning the ropes?

Question

I'm wanting to buy a beauty dish and I'm on a tight budget, I can't find reviews comparing the ePhoto vs Cowboy Studio Beauty Dishes and was hoping one of you might help me choose.

I'm looking at these two to start off:

ePhoto Beauty Strobe A120 Bracket or Cowboy Studio Strobie Bracket Strobist Photographic

I want one to hook onto my Canon 580ex speedlight on location since I don't have a way to port my lights around outside yet (no portable power).

Answer

You said that you are on a tight budget, so I am going to suggest a different route and build your own dish. I used this tutorial written by David Tejada and made my own beauty dish for I believe under $20. Works fantastic, and since it cost so little, if you are unhappy with the results, you could then look into spending more money on a pre-fabricated model. It took me under and hour from start to finish to create it, and no special tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment