Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How do I adjust the color Balance on a Nikon D300?

Question

First of all let me clarify here. I am aware of the color balance feature on the Nikon D300 and I generally use Auto, so this isn't about that aspect of color balance.

My camera has a tendency to shoot a little magenta and I am wondering if there is a way to modify that in the control panel. If not, I can accept a no, but it would be nice to not have to continually adjust all my photos.

Thanks.

Answer

Since you shoot RAW. Color-balance has no effect on your photos. If they come out the wrong color, blame the RAW processor or its operator ;)

To adjust color-balance of the preview along the Green-Magenta axis go to the camera menu and find the WB Fine-Tuning screen.

To adjust it along the Amber-Blue axis, hold the WB button and turn the sub-command dial (usually the front control-dial but they can be swapped).

No comments:

Post a Comment