Monday, August 22, 2011

How do you get this style of color in your pictures?

Question

I have been trying to get this "look" and I am not even sure what to call it.

Here is an example:

enter image description here

And another: enter image description here

Are they just doing selective color filtering, or is there something else that I am not grasping such as removing vibrance or playing with saturation? Thanks.

Answer

The top image is almost certainly HDR. Do a Google image search on HDR and you'll surely find others very much like it.

The bottom one is possibly HDR, although most people have trouble leaving as much solid shadow as is shown in that image. It kind of looks like what was there and from what I see there was light bouncing in through all kinds of doors and windows and reflecting off plenty of surfaces that could influence its color. I've been in settings like this and they photograph much like this with zero post-processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment