Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Optimal SD Card for the Nikon D7000

Question

In my quest for new equipment I have now reached SD cards.

Now I know the Nikon D7000 supports UHS-1 (1) , but how is the performance gain? H ow many MB/sec does it support? I don't want to buy a 95MB/sec card if it only supports 50MB/sec.

Thanks for reading.

(1) Source: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7000/features03.htm

Answer

Rob Galbraith has a full spread of tests with just about every popular card for this camera. To sum up the results, the fastest card is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB SDHC card. It performed at 27.7MB/s JPEG and 26.4MB/s RAW for a burst of 39 shots in 30 seconds. The speed test was performed by shooting 17 JPEG Fine and then 10 NEF files.

More info can be found here: Rob Galbraith D7000 write speed test

The "optimal" card might include price, which varies and goes out of date, so I won't comment on that here.

Answered by dpollitt

No comments:

Post a Comment