Thursday, September 22, 2011

Where can I find/ask about restrictions at airports for photographing?

Question

I had my camera with me the other day and was going to use my lunch break to take some photos at the local airport of landings and takeoffs. However with the security concerns that seem to always be present, I was not sure if this was wise and decided not to at the last moment.

Does anyone know how to find out if it is okay to photograph at airports/runways (outside the fence of course)? Or procedures on which personnel you should attempt to contact before doing so to keep yourself from being detained for questioning?

Answer

You right to be cautious, though I'm sure the situation is not as bad as I think!

I would sign up to the forums at airliners.net - there are so many really talented photographers on that site, they must know the situation better than anyone else!

http://www.airliners.net

No comments:

Post a Comment