Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What smartphone model release app do pros use?

Question

I am looking for an app that will help me with model releases. I have come across Easy Release which looks like a great product yet what are the pros using when it comes to shooting the photo and then getting a model release? (I am looking to use this for street photograph.)

Note: I am using iOS yet would prefer answers that cover at least iOS and Android.

Asked by Lynda

Answer

I came across many choices when searching and I have listed them below. I chose Easy Release due to several reasons one of which is was designed by a professional photographer. Also when researching individual programs I found many, many positive reviews for Easy Release. The rest had mixed reviews if any at all. All listed work with iOS and some have Android versions.

Release Me

iRelease

iD Release - This is the only Free App

Easy Release

mRelease

Model Release

Photographers Contract Maker

I came across this information at iStock. It said "iStock does not accept electronic model releases." This info is dated 2010; I have contacted iStock to see if their policy has changed and will update this when I hear from iStock.

Hope this information can help someone in the future.

Answered by Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment