Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How can I clean a camera effectively?

Question

My camera lenses are getting particles and such on them, and whenever I take very close up (Macro) Picture, I can see these particles on the image. There are also fingerprints on the LCD screen. There is also other residue and such on my camera. I haven't cleaned it in years which would probably account for it.

Asked by J. Walker

Answer

Cleaning should not be done in an interval rather it should be a regular practice. I follow these regularly

  1. I keep my lenses in a humidity controlling desiccator
  2. I keep a lens pen with me, and I brush away the dust from the lens surface everyday after getting back home
  3. I clean the surface of the lens with a microfiber only when there are visible dust that can't be washed away with the brush or blower
  4. I use hood, so that my front element doesn't get any scratch. I dont use UV filter because it seriously degrades the image quality
  5. And I occasionally take my body to camera service center to clean the dusts from the mirror.

That's mainly it.

Answered by Hasin Hayder

No comments:

Post a Comment