Monday, February 27, 2012

What underwater strap keeps my equipment safe and usable?

Question

I have heard of a few options, such as a "float strap"(example), the rubber strap that comes with 35mm disposable cameras(example), and a wrist mount(example).

I have heard of these, but have no experience with any of them. I will be snorkeling not scuba diving, and want two things: not to lose my equipment, and to be able to take pictures of fish. What will best help me accomplish this? If it matters the camera will be a GoPro 960 and shooting in burst or time-lapse mode.

Asked by dpollitt

Answer

We have a Sony P&S that can be used underwater and what we're currently doing (as in today) in Hawaii is using a hair elastic around the wrist strap to tighten it against the wrist. It works great and this is while snorkelling in the Pacific.

In other words, I don't think you need to spend money on a solution here...

Answered by John Cavan

No comments:

Post a Comment