Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Has anyone successfully mounted other lenses on Ricoh GR II?

Question

I've been given a Ricoh GR II to play with — sort of a long term loan really. Lovely little camera. In the past I've messed about with Olympus film and digital, and Nikon compacts and SLRs with other manufacturer's lenses using converter rings and reverse mounts (for super macro effects).

I'd like to try something similar, but I can't see any evidence that others have tried this online, and can't find any converter rings or etc.

Any thoughts? The GR II is so good in terms of features and the 10MB ccd etc, I'd love to hack it a bit in terms of optics.

Answer

The Ricoh GR-II is not an interchangable-lens camera. So the only alternative/additional lenses you can use with it are the conversion lenses GW-1 (wide, 21mm) / GT-1 (tele, 40mm) and the GH-1 hood adapter.

I'm not sure which other lens adapters will fit the GH-1. Perhaps your camera manual specifies the thread size for the GH-1, which will allow you to figure that out.

Answered by James Youngman

No comments:

Post a Comment