Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do I remove dead pixels from a digital photo?

Question

I have a Nikon D90 and until recently it has been working just perfectly. While viewing a set of photos I had taken I'm starting to find these little nasty dead pixels:

alt text

They only show up when zoomed in - however now that I know they are there I can pick them out of just about any photo I shoot. What are some techniques to go about removing these?

Asked by Geoff Dalgas

Answer

Adobe Lightroom (I know, broken record) has a tool to spot clean. Once you define the area, you can apply it to all photos in a collection.

As Mister Shaw has commented on, some camera's have dust delete capabilities, which may work.

Also, have you considered (out-of) warranty repair on your body?

Answered by Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment