Thursday, January 19, 2012

How can I make playback zoom start in small steps rather than going to 1:1?

Question

I just got a brand spanking new 60D and I love except one thing: when you are looking at the images you have taken, and you press the zoom button, it zooms in as far as possible. I assume this is probably 1:1.

When I press the zoom button, how can I get it to zoom to the least amount? I have looked in the manual and I can't find anything.

Answer

I’ve never experienced this problem with a 60D. The default behaviour (and the only behaviour I could see mentioned in the manual (page 196) is the exact opposite of what you are experiencing. A single press of the magnify button zooms in one step at a time until it reaches maximum zoom.

Some possible things to try:

  • When you’re using liveview mode with manual focus, does the magnify button behave as expected?
  • Is the magnify button a bit sticky (so being held down for too long when pressed)?
  • You could also try resetting all of the camera settings to their defaults, which is available from one of the tools menus (page 51 of the manual). Note, I haven’t done this but it may also reset things like the current file number for pictures so I’d advise doing it with an empty memory card.

No comments:

Post a Comment