Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Can I remove the cable in postprocessing for this photo?

Question

I have Adobe Lightroom. I could get Adobe Photoshop but it will really cost. For this kind of photo adjustments is it worth?

But first, can it be done with today's software?

Here's the pic :

enter image description here

PS: Yes, of course I could crop the image, but I'm interested to find out what are the chances to actually remove cable(s) from a photo like this since it bugs me in many photos.

Answer

As dpollitt says, it is possible in Lightroom with the Clone/Heal tool, although it's not as seamless as e.g. using Photoshop or similar.
Multiple applications of different sizes of the Clone tool with different levels of transparency helps in my limited experience.
I think it does depend on the background of the area you're trying to clone out. Here's an example which worked for me, where the background I was trying to modify/remove (the green leaf on the right) was already blurred.

Before:
enter image description here

After:
enter image description here

To confirm, this was done purely with Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment